ServiceNow Certified Administration for Beginners (SY024)
This course is designed for individuals who are new to the ServiceNow platform and is a valuable course covering the core fundamentals. This course will provide hand-on approach and various implementations and system administration functions are demonstrated in their own instance. Moreover, you will learn the how to perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks. Specifically, the following topics are demonstrated:
After taking this course, a successful student can:
• Create new applications and new modules to establish an information hierarchy.
• Manage users, groups, and roles.
• Personalize and create forms and fields for the various roles and groups to target
• Define Service Level Agreements (SLAs), notifications, and reports.
• Interact with the ServiceNow Knowledge Base for company use.
• Implement Application Security by using high security settings and access controls.
• Populate the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) by defining
Configuration Items (CIs) for company use.
• Move data in and out of an instance using update sets, import sets, and transform
• Build Service Catalog items and variables, and apply workflows.
The course features a practical approach with hands-on tasks along with providing several key resources relevant for the exam. You do need to brush up on the theory part as this course mainly focuses on hand-on demonstration of concepts.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for beginners with 0‑3 months of experience into a new deployment.
The exam consists of 60 questions delivered in a 90-minute period. The following table shows the
knowledge domains measured by this exam and the percentage of questions represented in each domain.
Learning Domain – Percent of Exam
1. Describe and Use the System Information Architecture 25%
2. Administer Users and Define Application Security 15%
3. Monitor, Communicate, and Report on Activity 15%
4. Implement Self-Service and Automation 30%
5. Configure and Maintain Service Now through Update Sets and Upgrades 15%
What you’ll learn
Perform core configuration tasks
Work with User Interface (UI) policies, data policies, UI actions, business rules
Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), import sets and update sets
Create workflow activities
Work with two key process applications: Knowledge Base and ServiceNow Service Catalog
Add users, groups and roles
Control system access and data security
Knowledge base and service catalog
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
Successful candidates for certification should have industry experience with database concepts and system management
Some knowledge of IT Help Desk processes and the incident, problem and change workflows is also helpful.
Three to six months of experience using and maintaining an instance in ServiceNow is recommended
Fast Internet Connection
Who this course is for:
This course is designed for system administrators who are new to the ServiceNow ecosystem
Anyone who wants to learn enterprise cloud computing platform (service now)
There are no reviews yet.